I’ve completed my first week as a mother at home. The week began with a dull headache that lasted all day on Saturday. But slowly that knot of work stress has been unraveling and I feel more myself each day. I had one goal for the week: to rest. I did it!
Things I’ve learned:
- It’s a good idea to keep the goals for the week simple.
- My primary goal will always remain to take care of Alzette and to contribute to her growth and learning.
- Keeping our budget under control might be fairly easy if we continue to make all of our meals at home.
- Getting out of the house just twice during the week makes all the difference.
- Teh-teh* was right: Bananas are the best first solid food for baby.
- Quitting my job was an excellent decision.
*Teh-teh = my mom (Arabic for “Grandma”)